Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, CRNA (Per Diem, 2 shifts/month requirement, mainly Tue/Th/Fri) for our West Hollywood AND our Long Beach health centers with excellent customer service skills to join our team. Administer analgesia / anesthesia independently for purpose of pain relief by oral or injectable routes or render patients unconscious for surgical procedures by intravenous injected into the vein. CRNA closely monitors the patient’s response by monitoring temperature, pulse, heart rate, respiratory rate, and symptoms of distress until the patient has recovered from the anesthesia and is stable for discharge.
Over one hundred years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the idea that everyone should have the information and care they need to live strong, healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. Founded 57+ years ago, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles is one of the largest providers of reproductive health care services in Los Angeles County. The Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA) team works together to provide high-quality, affordable reproductive health care to women, men, and young people across Los Angeles County. At PPLA, you will discover a culture of like-minded individuals who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
All employees of PPLA are defined as Healthcare Workers by current Public Health Orders and are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved exemption must be submitted in order to be eligible for employment consideration.
Our Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A valid and current California Registered Nurse license required
- A valid and current California Nurse Anesthetist license required
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a CRNA
- Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certification required
- Experience in acute Care/ambulatory surgery center , labor and delivery or PACU preferred
- Willingness to travel to several surgical sites as needed. Primary surgical sites located in West Hollywood and Long Beach, but must be willing to travel to other sites within PPLA on occasion. Additional sites may include Van Nuys, Whittier, Pomona, South Los Angeles.
- Valid California driver’s license and/or a reliable means of transportation required
- Availability to work flexible hours and locations within PPLA as needed
About the position:
- Assess the patient’s medical history and how it might affect the patient’s response to anesthesia
- Assess the patient’s pain management needs prior to surgical procedure
- Uses Mallo assessment for patency of airways prior to procedure
- Decide which drugs and techniques best fit the patient’s needs
- Educate the patient about the process to be used
- Placement and/or management of IV catheter
- Connect patients to the EKG monitor prior to procedure
- Give oral, injectable analgesia conscious/MAC sedation
- Monitor the patient’s response during and after anesthesia
- Initiate emergency measures as needed if the patient experiences complications to anesthesia
- Keep detailed records of the medications given and the patient’s response
- Assist in the resuscitation of patients, as necessary
- Assist patients to recovery room after procedure and monitor their status until discharge
- Expand knowledge about new drugs and anesthesia techniques as they become available
- Order medications and oxygen tank and re-stock medications as needed
- Attend medical meetings, as required
- May assist with cleaning and maintenance of technical equipment
- Work with Medical Director to determine if ASA level of pre-op patient appropriate for surgical practice
- Adhere to Agency’s policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing Agency, regional and/or state certification requirements
- Hiring Range: $200.00-$220.00 per hour (Non-Exempt)
Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Range:
At Planned Parenthood Los Angeles we continuously work towards our values of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion including with our compensation philosophy. PPLA recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, so we are committed to ensuring all positions are rooted in a description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications, and that they are compensated equitably which takes into account both internal organizational equity and market compensation data for similar roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity will be afforded to all applicants and other covered persons without regard to protected characteristics, including their perceived protected characteristic. Protected categories include: race (including traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hair styles such as, braids, locs, and twists as examples but not exhaustive list), color, religion or religious creed (including religious belief, observation, practice, dress, and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding/chestfeeding, or related medical conditions), reproductive health decision-making, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status (including past, current or prospective service in the uniformed service), and any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PPLA will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with the requirements of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.