The project is one of the largest outsourced medical facilities in support of the Department of Defense located on Kwajalein and Roi-Namur. Intl SOS is the medical subcontractor under DynCorp International. The scenic chains of Islands are a strategic defense location equidistant from Hawaii, Australia and the Philippines. On Kwajalein, Intl SOS operates a 10 bed, Critical Access Hospital plus a dental clinic, a veterinary clinic, and is responsible for food service safety. Kwajalein is a 6.5 square mile Island where bikes are the primary mode of transportation. Residents enjoy premier scuba diving including access to historical wreckage from WWII, fishing, and quiet beaches. While there is no cell service, data apps work well when using Wi-Fi. Kwajalein is a close knit community of 1500 military personnel, army civilians, contractors and family members.
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist is responsible for the administration of anesthetics to patients undergoing surgical procedures (both medical and dental), accurately measuring and monitoring anesthesia is administration while monitoring patient vital signs to ensure safety. In addition, the CRNA may be required to perform additional tasks during the surgical procedure including, stabilization and evacuation as well as managing the day to day utilization of the Quality/Risk Management team.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Nurse Anesthetist.
- Completion an accredited Nurse Anesthetist school in the United States.
- Possession of a current unrestricted US (State) license as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
- Possession of National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Certification by the American Heart Association - Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) is preferred
- Proficiency in English both in reading and writing.
- Must be able to read, write & speak English to effectively communicate
- This position is unaccompanied.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident Card is required.
- US DOD NACI or the ability to obtain one is required.
- Must be able to relocate to the United States Army Garrison - Kwajalein Atoll.
- A valid passport is required and must be in your possession prior to relocation. You must maintain a current passport during your stay on Kwajalein Atoll.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Work involves sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
- May require bending, stooping and lifting up to 15 lbs.
International SOS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This job description outlines the types of responsibilities the incumbent is required to perform.The incumbent may be required to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this job description. This job description is subject to regular review.